Y-PLAN Oakland Spring 2017 Final Event
May 1st, 5:00 - 7:30 PM
Oakland City Hall
1 Frank H Ogawa Plaza
Oakland, CA 94612
Join community members, educators, and civic leaders for the Y-PLAN Proposal Review + Presentations to hear Oakland high school students present their Y-PLAN action research findings and proposals to build a healthier, more equitable and sustainable Oakland.
Downtown Oakland Sustainability and Carbon Emissions Reduction
- ■ Skyline High School Green Academy 10th Grade Sustainable Systems Class (Meghan Johnston)
- ■ City of Oakland Planning Department
- ■ How can Oakland's produce market plan for a more sustainable future?
- ■ What measures can improve the sustainability of a potential new baseball stadium at Howard Terminal?
- ■ Skyline High School Green Academy 12th Grade Biology Class (Meghan Johnston)
- ■ Skyline High School 12th Grade Physics (Conor Carroll)
Civic Client + Community Partners
- ■ Port of Oakland
- ■ California College for the Arts, Architecture Division
- ■ Benthic Lab at Moss Landing Marine Laboratories
- ■ Kreysler + Associates
- ■ How can we design physical and biological structures to float at Middle Harbor Shoreline Park to reduce the effects of climate change and educate the community in Oakland about the rising sea level?